Coral Triangle Sustainable Marine Tourism Conference
The Coral Triangle Regional Business Forum was created by Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF) and its development partners to engage with the private sector in creating innovative business solutions to sustain the region's marine resources that are economically profitable and environmentally sustainable. In the 9th CTI-CFF Senior Officials Meeting in Manila in November 2013, the six countries of the Coral Triangle agreed to focus the 4th Coral Triangle Regional Business Forum on sustainable marine tourism.
The 4th CTI-CFF Regional Business Forum will focus on sustainable marine tourism and will feature the following activities
- Coral Triangle Sustainable Marine Tourism Conference, August 27-28, 2015
- Indonesia Marine Investment Forum and B2B Meetings, August 28, 2015
- Coral Triangle Marine Tourism Expo, August 27-28, 2015
- Field Trip to Nusa Penida Marine Protected Area, August 29, 2015
It will address 3 key themes with 3 plenary speakers and 10 break out sessions. There will be 3 concurrent closeddoor roundtable discussions attended by key policymakers and industry leaders.
- Enabling Conditions to Support Private Sector Leadership: The conference will effectively promote and support leading private sector representatives to take a greater role in supporting sustainable and responsible tourism in the Coral Triangle
- Best Practices for Responsible Marine and Coastal Tourism: The conference will showcase best practice examples of responsible tourism in marine and coastal areas of the Coral Triangle
- Branding and Marketing the Coral Triangle as a Global Sustainable Tourism Destination: The conference will present a marketing plan to enable the six Coral Triangle countries to market the region as a sustainable marine tourism destination as well as provide greater platforms of exposure to the media and tourism service providers.
Each open session will focus on best practices and case studies for the particular theme. Session discussions will be captured and used to inform the roundtable discussions.
- Session 1: Creating Multi-Site International Packages and Branding and Marketing the Coral Triangle.
- Session 2: Eco-certification for Sustainable Marine Tourism Businesses
- Session 3: Cruise Tourism: Impacts and Innovations
- Session 4: Diving Tourism Impacts and Innovations
- Session 5: Corporate Social Responsibility, Working for Coastal and Marine Environments
- Session 6: Linking Sustainable Tourism to Local Industries and Communities
- Session 7: Building Symbiotic Relationships Between Coastal Tourism, MPAs and Sustainable Fisheries
- Session 8: Training and Support for Local Communities and Cultural Tourism
- Session 9: Supporting Conservation Financing Through Sustainable Tourism
- Session 10: Traveler's Philanthropy and Voluntourism for Cultural and Marine Tourism
Working roundtables by invitation
The working rountable sessions are focused on producing key policy papers that can be adopted by the six Coral Triangle Initiative member countries to drive and support sustainable marine tourism in the coming years. Key policymakers and industry leaders are expected to attend the sessions. Session outcomes will be shared and available for comment to the public on the second day of the conference.
- Round Table I: Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Round Table II: Joint Marketing
- Roundtable Session III: Financial Strategies
Join us as a sponsor of the Coral Triangle Sustainable Marine Tourism Conference!
The conference will explore sustainable tourism topics such as green financing mechanisms, marketing and branding strategies and best practices for tourism enterprises within the Coral Triangle.
When you sponsor this event, you are not only investing in the legacy of ocean conservation and protection of coastal communities but also contributing directly to the economic sustainability of tourism within the Coral Triangle. This high profile event will be promoted widely throughout the region and beyond. Your organization will be recognized according to your selected level of participation. You may also sponsor a gala dinner, a plenary speaker, door prizes, and eco-friendly giveaways for conference participants.
You may register as an international participant at US$ 400 or as local participant for IDR 5,200.000,- Avail of early bird rates at US$ 350 for international participants and IDR 4,550,000,- by registering before June 31, 2015.
You can download file for more detail about this event there.
For more information about the Sustainable Marine Tourism Conference, please contact:
Dr. Arwandrija Rukma